Rosmah Mansor is the wife of Malaysia’s Prime Minister, Najib Tun Abdul Razak. She was born on December 10, 1951, in Kuala Pilah, Malaysia. She grew up in Seremban in Negeri Sembilan. Both of her parents worked in the education sector. Her mother is from Kampung Mretang, Negeri Sembilan.
She attended Tunku Kurshian College, Negeri Sembilan, for her high school education. After graduating from high school, she proceeded to University of Malaya where she bagged a degree in Sociology and Anthropology in 1974. For her Master’s degree, she attended Louisiana State University where she graduated in 1978 with master’s degree in Sociology and Agriculture.
Upon graduation from the University, she took up banking job with Bank Pertanian as an executive. She worked with the bank for a couple of years until she resigned in 1983. When she left Bank Pertanian, she joined Island and Peninsular Bhd as a business development manager. She worked with this company which was into property development for four years till 1987.
In 1987, she got married to Najib Tun Abdul Razak. The couple is blessed with two children. When she is not busy with her pet projects, she works seriously to contribute her quota to the success of her husband’s regime. On two different occasions, she had used her diplomatic ties and connections to achieve the following:
- A Malaysian student in Egypt was suspected to be a spy. She appealed to President Mubarak’s wife on behalf of the student. In less than two hours later, the student was released.
- During an operation in Saudi Arabia, she got Malaysian students out of the country without visa using her connections.
She holds a lot of positions in the country. Some of the key posts that she holds are:
- President of the Welfare Association of Minister’s Wives
- Patron, Children in Hope Foundation
- Patron, Malaysian Nature Society
- Patron, Society of the Orthopedically Handicapped Malaysia
- Patron, Malaysian Medical Welfare Fund, and much more
- She was installed as the first Chancellor, University Industry Selangor. She held this post for five years between February 2006 and February 2011.
This project has the objective of developing the education of children at a very early stage. Rosmah is very active with this project due to her belief that building children at the early stages of their lives is fundamental for the growth of a nation. She also believes that such development will lead to national cohesion and peace. Driven by this belief and passion, she has contributed immensely to the establishment of over 600 PERMATA centers in the country.
The scope of this project has now been widened to accommodate children with special gifts. No wonder then that those children who have singing and dancing skills are helped to develop their God-given talents and skills.
PERMATA Project has two different sections. The first section is for children between the ages of 9 and 15. These set of children have school camp that is organized annually. The second section is targeted towards children with special skills. These children should be between 16 and 17 years old. Both sets of children are usually camped at the local university, Universiti Kebangsaan, Malaysia, to help the children to harness and develop their talents.
Her contributions to national development have been recognized both home and abroad. This recognition has brought her so many awards both from her nation and the international community. Her awards include:
- Peace and Harmony Awards, Business Council for International Understanding.
- Distinguished Service Medal, Stevens Institute of Technology for her roles in gender equality and women empowerment.
- Honorary Life Member, Women’s Institute of Management.
- Global Inspirational Leadership Award by the Center for Economic and Leadership.
- Honorary Doctorate in Education, University Technology, Malaysia
- Honorary Doctorate of Innovation in Human Capacity Development, University of Lim Kok Wing, Malaysia
- Darjah Seri Paduka Tuanku Ja’afar Yang Amat Terpuji.
The Sultan of Pahang, Ahmad Shah, launched the biography of Rosmah on December 10, 2012. The launched biography contains 164 pages and has detailed information about the early life and her achievements in life. It was planned for publishing in January 2013.
The biography was written by Noraini Abdul Razak and Siti Rohayan Attan. The publisher of the book, Yayasan Amanah Perdana, made it known at the book launch that the book will reveal so many facts from the childhood of Rosmah. This will include her experiences as a college student, her involvement in the community through her many pet projects, and some facts that have remained a secret for a long time. A section of the book is devoted to Romah’s response to rumors about her life and her involvement in the current events in Malaysia.
Post Refer at http://readyforehr.com/biography-of-rosmah-mansor